This version includes a new feature to allow easy migration of parts from one franchise to another when the supplier of parts changes, but not necessarily all parts move. Two common scenarios:
- A supplier like mojo, when dealers drop all parts into a single franchise but then want to break things into multiple franchises to separate the actual brands Mojo carry. This tool can help re-organise parts this way.
- Fox/Shift moving from Monza to Fox Racing
- More file fetch error false positives: View part buy sell : print all
- QLD TMR rego details fetch. Ignore year altogether, since TMR doesn't provide enough info as to what year links to (model or compliance plate)
- Website assets (text/images etc) connected to parts. Assets normally connect to either pricefile part or masterfile part. As parts are added into stock or parts get superceded, the assets can become 'orphaned' from the actual part sold. Isn't an issue for v3 website code because the website code scan back through supercession chains to find content if the part contains no content. All good except this process is slow and inefficient and has to happen every time a part is displayed on website. This version of c9 adds code that moves website assets along, along supercession chains and to stock records. couple of design goals with this:
- Make website faster. Current website will still use old system of scanning back so not a massive improvement yet, but in future versions of website in a few weeks it might add some performance gain, particularly for parts with no content. (Already website is quick. A page with 50 items loads in ~ 0.13 seconds)
- Make managing asset easier. When a unstocked part follows a new supercession chain, the assets are moved to end of chain so they are viewable editable, unlike before where you'd see nothing in c9 looking at the end of the supercession chain, but see content on the website.
How to move parts from Monza To Fox Racing
- Create a new franchise called fox racing. Make sure it has use price file set.
- Spares -> Utilities -> Add Edit Franchise
- Import fox racing price file.
- Spares -> utilities -> import price file
- Select Fox Racing created above
- Select 'from c9 central repo' as price file source
- Select Fox Racing from list of suppliers
- Click through to kick it off
- Migrate parts common to Fox Racing and Monza from Monza to Fox Raciing
- Spares ->utilities -> migrate
- Select Monza from 'From' supplier
- Select Fox Racing from 'To' supplier
- Select option 'delete parts' to force the migration so you don't have to trip over duplicated parts on part scan everytime
- Check that the list of parts that will move looks sane
- Click on continue to make it happen