V5 c9 is coming in 2021. Details, motivations, goals and progress
- Tweaks and Fixes
- Workshop labour : you can now key in labour as a fraction into hours. i.e. key in 1.5 will convert to 1 hour 30 minutes. Useful for managing warranty work
- View web order from spares point of sale complete. Would not show web order for F12 pickup part of weborder. i.e. if order is originally parked onto a reserve/pickup.
- Deal substitute. Substitute with blank unit now blanks out engine number and long form VIN.
Tweaks and fixes
- Harley Davidson Magician check: now working again
- View webs order from point of sale complete. Have a report from dealer it was blank. Not entirely sure how this happened, but made some code changes here that hopefully will improve things.
- Increase screen size of date/time fields in post new journal. Previously was not fully visible on screen
Triumph UK have a system in play where your stock file is daily synced with their systems which allows them to implement their own magician like dead stock finder.
Following post explains how to enable this in c9. Once setup in c9 it is all done and just automatically works every day without any further involvement.
Tweaks and fixes
- Fiche : "print Parts we stock" that fit a certain bike. Print both the superceded part and original diagram part if relevant (previously would only print diagram part). Example:
- Install price file. Process stock file in part number order so resulting install report parts are ordered instead of being random-ish
- AusPOST integration. On international shipments, when there are more than 20 parts on the order, coalesce data sent to AusPOST to be one line per franchise as AusPOST have a limitation of only 20 lines per package. i.e.:
Regression Bugfix : annual leave type as a selectable payroll item was accidently dropped when garnished wages option was added in. Fixed. LEave computations etc are all good, just meant you were unable to manually fiddle this (typically only done when transitioning to c9 for payroll)
The PayPal Rest API release
C9 now supports Rest based API.
Switching to Rest you will gain and you will lose.
Gain: More reliable and faster txn processing.
Lose: During checkout stage, customers can no longer be able pick freight option in paypal itself as the Rest API doesn't provide any facility for c9 to let Paypal know what freight options are. So freight in paypal will lock in and default to first freight option in c9 if you go for express checkout. Once user navigates to freight page, if they change their freight option the website will advise them they'll need to redo paypal to capture new shipping option. If this turns out to be a negative user experience one option is to drop the express checkout option for paypal on first checkout page, instead force user to key in all their particulars and then pick paypal on payments page.
How to switch to Rest API.
In c9 : setup -> main setup screen -> paypal tab. Are two new fields, Client and Secret. You need to fill these in. Make sure you leave existing settings alone : as these are still needed to finalise any existing orders feeding through. For brand new sites, skip over these.
So need client and secret. How to get this.
Firstly you need to login to a developer paypal website. This is not your normal paypal website! Address:
Click on 'Log into Dashboard'
Then click on 'My Apps and Credentials'
Set your app name to be C9 Website and click on create app. Next screen you'll see client and secret. Copy these into c9.
Once done, wait a few seconds and then jump on your c9 website and do a test order
Note: if you are enabling Paypal for the first time, contact barney. Paypal integration requires another step to be performed on the webserver to make it all happen.
- Removed delete units not imported in advanced fiche import options. This option is way too dangerous given little/no guarantees EPC datasets are easily accessible.
- More paypal changes. C9 would incorrectly include 'completed' order and 'fee reversal' txns in its attempt to compute how much paypal reports is captured so far (since paypal doesn't provide this directly). Would result in incorrect computation, particularly with very old backorder finalisation an inattentive operator could inadvertently refund the entire sale when clicking through defaults.
- Added new income GL code for government subsidies / payments
- Bugfix with clearing surcharge lines on unit deals. A surcharge line (persisted by rolling back a straight sale into a deal which had a surcharge) would crash c9 and not allow you to refinalise the deal until the surcharge line is manually deleted. Now fixed.