Includes DB changes. You'll need to log all terminals out during upgrade
Price File Changes
This version of c9 introduces a new concept for tracking NLA parts. Price file importing and management will now explicitly track NLAs and you will be able to easily filter / hide / manage NLA parts in c9 so you will have a reasonably decent visual indicator on screen whether or not a part is likely to be supplyable and are not tripping over lists of long unsupplyable items such as seasonal race apparel.
NLA tracking recognises two types of NLA
- OEM / Hardpart NLAS : stuff the factory no longer produces but is still valuable / important. You generally need to be able to see it, be aware of it but be able to quickly see it might be a problem to source.
- Accessories / Merchandise NLAs : stuff that is NLA but generally is just accessories / merchant and / or stuff which substitutes easily exist. Seasonal gear, apparel & protection, aftermarket hardparts etc etc
NLA stuff is best managed via c9 repo so it can only really work with suppliers that are in c9's repo. There is tooling in c9 to do it yourself from price files but it is a fiddly process that is easy to get wrong so we are not going to really press / document these minutiae of this.
Next few price files uploaded into c9 repo will be bigger than usual, as new NLA datasets propagate through into your running c9.
Screenshot of new F2 screen for KTM franchise, NLA parts are now in grey.
C9 repo has bee preloaded with NLA data for following suppliers: KTM, Husqvarna, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki & Mcleods. Other suppliers will be added incrementally as new price files are provided.
- NLA related Price file changes
- track status field to track NLA.
- track import processes that 1) initially create a price file record and 2) update it. No functional usage for this yet but will come later. e.g. will open up ability for c9 to nag you when other c9 dealers have updated their pricing if you are relying on their pricing data via import price file from other c9 dealers.
- F2 select any part
- NLA parts are colour coded grey
- New option to filter NLA parts on screen
- Edit Franchise
- New advanced option to perma filter out NLA parts for selected franchise
- New website option to filter out NLA parts on website
- Edit price file option
- Ability to manually toggle price items status
- Unrelated price file import changes
- If c9 has has a packqty set do not overwrite it with 0 if new price file has pack of 0 or doesn't set pack at all
- IF new price file's list price is $0 do not override existing list price in c9
- C9 Repo
- Option to ignore new NLA parts. If your c9 already knows about the part, bring it in anyway to update its details, but if it is brand new don't bother dropping it into your c9 at all
- Import price file for generic, OPEA, C9 and Suzuki. Access advanced options to fine tune NLA importing yourself.
- add new barcode. Make sure status is flagged as manual
- Web content / mapping changes
- Webcontent is now linked to part number, not stock record, price file record. Means you can delete part from stock but webcontent is retained
- Part mapping to website is now consolidated to map same for both stock and master file records. This allows unstocked parts to be individually mapped to multiple locations just like stocked parts.
- Manage web items has had a bit of a refresh. Mapping parts from here is now straight forward.
- Other changes in this version of c9
- Stock take sheets : visual bug fix. When there are items on reserve would incorrectly print qoh # as reserve #. Now fixed
- Regression fix on part buy sell. Was not displaying supplier receive inv no. Now working again (looks like this was broken back in December last year. Bug only noticed now)
- Online backup. A bug / issue when doing a restore from online backup. Online backup restore does progressive restore : so it restores enough info to get back up and running as fast as possible then does progressive restore of less important / historical data afterwards. Recent backup changes impacted how this worked. For EPC data that is progressively restored, the restore would work but it would then try to then re-backup newly restored data . So it would unnecessarily try and loop this data back to cloud backup, causing cloud backup to be unnecessarily rewritten. Generally should but okay other than increases network traffic, but it does create an unacceptable risk touching up the online backup data. The less backup data is touched the better, especially during a restore operation.
- Whites Powersports Magician. For some parts WPS system does not send back a reply. C9 was incorrectly just echoing the last WPS response instead of responding with blank data: which could mislead operator into thinking stock was available when it is not. Now fixed.
- added HD into list of magician suppliers that can be used for website integrated HD queries.
- Deal unit tweaks : changing model year on unit on floor was not updating model year in the deal. Now fixed.
- Bugfix with toro pricefile importing. De-duplication logic for part numbers was busted. Now fixed.
- From view franch screen, if the franchise has a linked supplier have an option to access supplier details from here.
- Typo fix on purchase unit screen.