- Tweaks and fixes
- Purchase unit : system would let you enter in a trust receipt during purchase from someone else. Now disabled
- Some more non functional payroll tweaks in preparation of STP Phase 2
- CHE tweaks : tweaks /fixes to quarterly cycles. Options to disable PAYG and SuperG computation
- Payroll : Working Holiday Maker Tax Tables were wrong. Now updated
- Under some circumstances which I am not entirely sure how, sell new giftcard could abort on saving cycle if user retries to save it will write the giftcard in a way that makes it unusable. This version fixes the underlying bug.
- Print unit invoice : allow printing of invoices imported into c9 where we replaced a competitor system. V5 had a rule in it where it would only print if it could find a matching journal posting, which are never created with migrated data. Now relaxed that rule.
- access txn audit via more details in reconcile
- Some quality of life changes to bank rec
- View details screen : new button more details on audit shows complete list of all audited modifications
- New button 'View reference reconciliation'. When figuring out which txns are discordant, c9 figures out a previously saved reference reconciliation which logs subsequent changes potentially making that rec invalid. Potentially useful information when trying to hunt down reasons for discordant txns
- Shipping Label, Better segregate sender addr with a gap and a line. Like so:
- timesheet option to print highlighted mechanic only
- unit sale modification, highlight when base price of a unit has changed in an edit session to help pickup situations where dealers have wrong target price locked in
- unit deal, make it more obvious what parts are quoted and what are invoiced/ordered
- settle finance across multiple units where DOF doesn't evenly divide across the units. Make sure cents balance correctly using a more precise amortizer/quantizer.
Fixes and tweaks
- Unit stock take report : new column: unit floor age in days
- Balance sheet, include motor vehicle asset codes.
- Bug with adding additional employer super where 450 min super threshold is configured. The 10% super calc would assume additional super is part of 10% super and would compute delta changes on subsequent runs undoing the effect of additional employer super, but only when the additional super is not part of the last payday of the month. This behaviour only impacts on c9 customer, but generally the ability to log additional employer super is broken in this scenario. Now sorted.
- STP Phase 2 only
- added some checks for special TFNs that denote TFN application pending / no TFN supplied
- Config switch to distinguish between registered for working holiday maker (probably no-one in our industry) and non-registered.
- Fixes and tweaks
- Unit sales
- Retroactive tweak to v4 migrated data for account unit sales, would itemize on account payments when it shouldn't
- Show total outstanding for on account payments
- Add parts via workshop : under some exotic circumstances, parts you add via work would forget what job you are working on and attach to a different iob, or a null job. ( when you are in pos screen if you deep dive into a parts history and do things like reprint a historial receival for that part, that can usually trigger this issue, very old bug been there for ages, now fixed )
- QLD TMR authority forms, print customers drivers licence in CRN fields on these forms.
- Change c9 support phone number in help about.
- Unit sales
- Y-Shop integration : now uses Yamaha's API. Bonus is model fitment data! Example link here
- Bug fixes and tweaks
- return parts via point of sale with qty>1 , would throw a journal error
- Fine tune screen refresh on using a voucher for payment where voucher amount is not sufficient to cover invoice total
- Some txnscript tweaks to allow easier remote access for diagnostic support ( txnscript now accessible via c9 server console, similar to remote DB access )
Some more refinements to v5 migration to get a few more systems over the line.
Includes DB changes ,you need to log all terminals out during upgrade
Fixes and tweaks
- Cash / Bank Reconciliation. Couple more exotic scenarios
- 1) Do a cash-till reconcile on period A -> B which was previously reconciled. If since rec some txns were backdated into A->B period and into before A as well, and as part of cash till you try and record banked changes at the same time, under some certain combinations the save would fail. (discordant txn list from journalrec_base would alter on posting the banked txn and how that txn influences the old reconcile, when in reality it shouldn't make any difference
- 2) re-do a reconcile. Held over txns that where previously okayed in overlaid rec would come through as ok, but effect of overlaid rec should be ignored in this scenario, forcing the user to redo handling of heldover txns and reconsider the reconcile that precedes chronologically
- Payroll tweaks, for STP phase 2 : included alternative tax table computation, that uses linear equations & formulas ATO publishes in NAT spreadsheets, as opposed to using progressive tax tables ATO also publish, to help smooth out STP Phase 2 compliance
- View/Change part quick stock order. 'Daily' and 'Alt' buttons would still order part under stock. Now fixed.
Includes DB changes, you need to log all terminals out during upgrade
Tweaks and fixes
- Bank / Cash reconciliation.
- A specific set of behaviours would generate unexpected reconciliation results. If you backdate a txn and redo cash till on that date where final balance changes, the following days cash till would seem okay, but day after would correctly highlight some sort of discordant reconciliation error. Now fixed so discordant reconciliation error appears immediately on next day as well.
- Separate out discordant txn tally into a separate column in cash till, so does not merge figure into in/out columns. Should hopefully make dealing with cash tills broken by things such as backdated txns a bit more intuitive.
- Create labour rate. Fix long standing bug where under some circumstances the rate would be ex GST
- spares complete: allow 3 digit negative freight value entry.
- finished deals: view deposit history from here.
- reconcile txns button on view txns would look at customer type to figure out what class of txns to reconcile. Now preferentially looks at what sort of txn is currently highlighted. Needed where cust type and txn type do not align or are ambiguous (as in case of contacts who are both suppliers & debtors)
- Color code deals based on deal/quote and whether or not their pickup date is today/in the past
- Unit deal that is invoiced, rolled back and reinvoiced which has rebates defined on the deal itself. Re-invoice would fail with a save mode error, now fixed
- print a4 spares receipt. Make depositing printed the initial deposit only. Print a 'time of print' deposit history on the a4 invoice
txnscript : This version of c9 includes a new diagnostic tool to help us do more advanced diagnostics and repairs on c9. For last 10 years, advanced support relied on direct access to the database. But direct DB is no longer adequate with v5, as v5s database structure is too complex to manage this way. The tool is a beanshell like scripting engine called txnscript designed specifically for v5 c9. Given direct access to c9 db is too complex to manage directly, the old DB scanner tool has been removed.
Bugfixes with 'use deposit to pay new account sale' behaviour. Would consistently fail with an error along lines of 'Cowardly refusing to add a txn without a customer' and would write changes which would be damaged.
Tweaks and fixes
- Unit wrangling changes in 5.1.26 were done incorrectly. On payout of a unit added from v4, c9 could throw an error. Now fixed
- Convert rebate to invoice was not properly migrated to v5. Now fixed.