Not yet released. Mon or Tue.
Includes DB changes you need to log out of all terminals during upgrade.
This version includes further modifications to bank rec. (The 12th iteration since Oct last year, bankrec is hard and v5 is especially challenging because of how v5 allows you to re-code journals, modify values etc, something v4 didn't allow so the 'problem space' around bankrec is more complex and varied now).
Specifics of this one:
- Fix an edge case where re-coded journal in a prior period (e.g. change payment method from cash to eft after fact) was breaking attempts to save a new later journal. The later reconcile needs to treat the re-coded journal as a deletion but wasn't doing that. (Workaround to this is to redo reconcile for period covering the recoded txn, this change means this workaround is not necessary)
- This version of bank rec is alot smarter about how to handle residual values from discordant transactions. A new value is tracked in bank rec called adjusted value. This value tracks what was previous reconciled and allows better management of incorrectly reconciled behaviours. Easier to describe with an example. Lets say cash closes at $100 and there is a $100 invoice on that day. The next day, you backdate a delete for that transaction. On next day you want to show a open balance of $100 and a discordant effect of $-100. Previously c9 would not make such a calculation. It now does by explicitly tracking the need to undo the effect of the prior, now broken reconcile. i.e. on screen:
In txn details you'll see a new column ,adjusted ,exerting an influence on opening balance
- Lots of other little tweaks and tidies to bank rec. Just to document briefly.
- Repeatability of reconcile : if you redo a reconcile then discordant txn listing should be the same as what was previously computed. Previously would not necessarily work that way
- Deleted txn include toggle, no longer influences open balance. The old behaviour was a bit of a cludge to try and emulate removing incorrect influence of prev reconciled txns. Since adjusting for prev reconciles is now formalised and tracked separatly this is no longer necessary
- New buttons to query prior chonological rec and reference rec as they can be different and difference can be important. Also refined how these are computed to tidy a couple of other edge cases.
Other fixes and tweaks in this release
- bugfix with tradein purchase on finance where purchased unit has dealer costs logged on it. Now fixed.
- [TODO] workshop invoices for insurance jobs : show outstanding balance line total
- tweaks to historical aged balance report to show 6+ figure numbers. Currently clips to 99,999.99
- tweaks to view transaction unallocated column. For 6+ figure numbers it displays all hashes #####
- Tender amount : allow inputting of 6+ digit figures.
- cash till : reintroduce cash till counting for paypal. Was forcefully disabled in v5. Although cash till is designed to be used for on premises assets which can be counted/settled on an everyday basis, some dealers have a workflow where they rely on this screen to help manage delayed settlement instruments too, such as bank and web integrated paypal